CIVIQ is looking for a motivated Associate Electrical Engineer to maintain and support our industry-leading smart city devices and systems. In this role, you will work across the organization including engineering, product development, implementation, and our contract manufacturing partners to deploy a safe, reliable Smartscaping product. You will find yourself working within our Smart City Devices to install, configure and troubleshoot entire system level components such as Printed Circuit Boards, Cables, Power Supplies, etc. to facilitate accurate communication within the system. This role is a fit for you if you are an inventive problem solver, capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions.
- Understand and document how PCBs interact throughout the various CIVIQ smart city devices
- Create and read functional system level schematics, block diagrams, etc.
- Document and create bills of materials for cable design, layout cable drawings for manufacturing
- Assist in design and preliminary compliance testing of smart city devices to ensure equipment passes final UL and other compliance testing
- PCB board trouble shooting using oscilloscope and resolve basic issues where applicable
- Use of diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, signal generators
- Systems level trouble shooting
- Participate in mechanical design of smart city devices and systems
- Create manufacturing processes for system level manufacturing tests
- Collaborate with software development team to ensure system stability and reliability
- Occasional (less than 10%) travel may be required
- Ability to use (AutoCAD/OrCad) to perform engineering tasks
- Must be a very hands on person not afraid of technical challenges
- Strong hands-on skills, demonstrated ability to assemble prototypes, debug and trouble shoot, and subject prototypes to test and verification routines
- Skilled operator of hand tools (examples: soldering irons, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers) and small power tools and understands their use and function
- Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
- Ability to work on several project at one time/ time management a must
- Ability to design test jigs for PCB board testing
- Basic soldering skills
- Understanding Federal Communication Commission (FCC) requirements and Underwriter Laboratory (UL) requirements for design and assembly is a plus
- Ability to use and navigate SolidWorks is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Linux software is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. alone and team lift over 50 lbs.
Essential Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in similar hands-on engineering role
- Experience using DVM, oscilloscopes, generators, meters, power supplies, service monitors and test fixtures, and understands their use and function
- Experience making cable assemblies (crimping, soldering)
- Experience with basic PCB parts i.e. resistors, capacitors, etc.
- Experience with a variety of CPU architectures is a plus
CIVIQ Smartscapes is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled