CIVIQ is transforming the urban landscape into intelligent and connected communities. Through the deployment of proprietary and innovative hardware, software, and service solutions, we enable municipalities to leverage technology to create a smarter, safer, and more efficient city for all its citizens. We call this Smartscaping.
CIVIQ is part of the team that is currently deploying the largest Smart City network in the world across all New York City boroughs. This initiative, called LinkNYC, is replacing public payphone booths in NYC with interactive public communication hubs called LINKS. CIVIQ is connecting the entire city while bringing high speed internet to the one in five New Yorkers who don’t get broadband at home. This is just one example of the many opportunities that CIVIQ is executing throughout the world.
Our company is fast growing and dynamic with a team that is passionate about improving the lives of citizens in cities through our innovative technologies.
The Marketing Communications Manager Role
CIVIQ is looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented Marketing Communications Manager to manage all CIVIQ communication efforts. In this role you will be responsible for increasing market awareness and demand through the development of all content-based marketing and communications plans and activities. You will develop and be responsible for collateral, integrated campaigns, website support, digital marketing, print advertising, blogs and whitepapers. With your marketing savvy and acumen, you will manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that each is completed on time and on budget and meets objectives.
This role is perfect for you if you work well independently as well as in a collaborative environment; you possess extremely strong writing skills and have confidence communicating technology to various audiences. At CIVIQ you will have the opportunity to play a key role in establishing and executing the company’s messaging and marketing presence.
- Develop and implement strategy and tactics to increase awareness of CIVIQ
- Develop a deep understanding of CIVIQ’s markets, product and customers – understand customer challenges and pain points, and how the CIVIQ solutions address those problems
- Develop and execute marketing communications campaigns from idea to launch and evaluate for effectiveness and key learnings
- Manage budget, including monthly tracking and reporting
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with all functional teams to ensure marketing alignment with goals
- Develop presentations that effectively communicate technical, executive and Company messaging
- Plan, promote, and implement participation in events – conferences & web seminars
- Manage Public Relations and Press Release activities including drafting of press releases and internal announcement – coordination of announcements with PR agency
- Stay current on communications developments and best practices
- Manage and promote CIVIQ’s social media presence on key outlets such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and blogs, etc.
- Develop and manage internal communications including employee newsletter and promotional/informative company email announcements
- Manage relationships with third-party marketing vendors to include including creative design, video and web content and hosting to expand reach of demand generation programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management and analytic skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced marketing environment with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional team-oriented environment including external partners
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications and HTML
- Proficiency with the Adobe graphics packages such as Illustrator, Photoshop, a plus
- Web & email marketing experience
- Experience managing outside agencies; effective negotiation skills
- Travel required approx. 20% of the time
Essential Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field
- At least 7 years of marketing experience
- High tech, emerging company experience preferred
CIVIQ Smartscapes is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled