CIVIQ is looking for an exceptional Lead UX Software Engineer to join our team and lead the UX (User eXperience) design and UI (User Interface) development of our software platform tools and related applications. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development, integration and testing of visually compelling, accessible and easy to use end user interfaces for our enterprise market users and partners. You will collaborate our product management team to understand design requirements, design and develop early-stage mockups, prototypes and MVP versions, and develop the industrial-grade UI software that integrates with the CIVIQ software platform.
In this critical role, you will design and develop front-end software that create and maintain value within the CIVIQ products. You discuss and explain UX designs, and you and apply stakeholders’ feedback to improve the software’s usability and accessibility. You will apply the Civiq platform’s design patterns and tools to provide industrial-grade software that serves large-scale customers in complex enterprise settings.
- Create visually appealing designs that meet defined functional requirements
- Make user experience design recommendations based on usability standards and industry best practices
- Rapid prototyping with, modern front-end browser-based libraries/frameworks
- Break new ground while researching and implementing innovative web techniques and features to solve business initiatives
- Develop front-end software that optimizes our back-end software platform and uses our platform’s web communication libraries
- Proven track record of developing UI for enterprise markets, preferably governments
- Expert-level know-how of designing and developing scalable, customer facing UX solutions using HTML-based UI is a must. Comparable experience with iOS and Android apps is a plus.
- Proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging skills.
- Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to take responsibility for deliverables and ability to work to very tight timelines on multiple detailed activities simultaneously
- Highly motivated, able to work independently and apply own initiative
Essential Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing responsive user interfaces that provide cross-browser support
- Experience with one or more popular modern JS frameworks such as AngularJS or ReactJS to build commercial-grade reusable and testable modules and components is a must
- Have experience with standard User Experience methodologies and techniques
- Experience integrating with Java backend code is a plus
Please share your compelling portfolio that shows off your UX achievements, and the business challenges, constraints and design decisions you faced while creating those sample artifacts.
CIVIQ Smartscapes is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled